Skip to Main Content

Personal Property Tax

Personal property taxes are based on the vehicles you owned as of January 1st of the current year.

You must report what taxable personal property you own directly to the Morgan County Assessor's Office no later than March 1 yearly.

If you are a new resident to Morgan County, you need to contact the Morgan County Assessor's Office to let them know you are now living in this county. If you have been a Missouri resident, you should also contact the assessor's office in the county from which you moved to give them your new address and to inform them not to tax you for the following year. You will still pay personal property taxes in the county from which you moved if you were a resident there on January 1st.